If you are like me you have spent a bit of time searching through your Google Drive for a specific document or form. Somehow it wasn't named quite what I remembered or it wasn't in the folder that I thought it was saved in. The search box saves so much time - now I start there instead of opening numerous folders. This is how it works.
if the image is too small - click on it to open in a new tab
- in the search box at the top of Google Drive
- click on the triangle on the right side
- a drop down box will appear and allows you to search by the type of document - doc, spreadsheet, form, image
- click on the correct format and presto your drive lists all that type
- two ways to sort the list
- click on the word title and the list is sorted by the titles
- click on last edited by me and it sorts by date
You can also 'stack' the search.
For example - for this search I chose forms first then went back to the drop down and chose 'not owned by me'
Hope this helps you tame your Google Drive!