That doesn't work quite the same in the digital world we now live in. There may be emails you need to keep or drive docs you want to make sure you have.
This post is to help you make that transition from mphawks.org to your personal gmail.com account. Google makes this very easy with Google Takeout! You should feel the relief that you don't have to go doc by doc, folder by folder!!
Here is the scoop.
2. log on to your mphawks.org account
3. head over to https://www.google.com/settings/takeout.
4. this site allows you to create a downloadable archive of your google items.
take note - I tried to create an archive of a drive folder that had been shared with me. It didn't work. Only the items that were actually copied into my drive worked.
6. The only ones you will archive are - Drive, calendar and contacts
7. You can save the zip file on a flash drive - or use the school computer - just make sure you delete the file from the desktop and your server account when you are done with it.
Once the archive is created you still need to get your Google items back in you personal gmail account.
First step is to unzip the folder - just double click on it. Then find the section below that pertains to the things you want to move.
YOU CAN NOT IMPORT MAIL! If you have emails you want to keep you need to forward them from your mphawks.org to your personal gmail account.
1. open gmail
2. click on the word gmail in the top left corner - see photo 1
3. choose contacts
4. go to the bottom of the left panel of options and choose import contacts - see photo 2
5. Browse - find the file that you unzipped - contacts -highlight the all contacts .vcf file and the contacts should be imported into a file with the date and imported. You can move them from that file as you need them.
2. click the red upload button - photo 4
3. choose files - find the drive folder - photo 5.
4. choose docs by folder. If it goes really slow you may need to do only a few docs at a time.
1. open calendar on your personal gmail account
2. click on the gear on the left side
3. click on settings - photo 6
5. click on import calendar 1/2 way down the page in blue
6. chose browse and find the folder where your calendar was archived
7. click on it - open - import
Good luck with this process!!