Wednesday, September 3, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 3

image from iClipart for Schools
Mention 1 'observation' area that you would like to improve on for your teacher evaluation.

Since I am new to my position - everything I do is sort of an 'improve on!' But, this makes me think about what I want to start doing - what i want to build in to each contact with other teachers and administrators. 


One of my pet peeves as a teacher has always been outside people that come in with all the answers.  That looks a little different from the other side. The truth is that many poeple look to us, as consultants, to have the answers.  As I think about what annoyed me - it wasn't having answers that bothered me as much as the feeling of being less or 'dumb.'


That means even more now, because I am living in a world of technology.  And there is nothing that makes people feel as 'dumb' as technology does.  


So my goal is to empower. 

To help people feel like they already know a lot.
I am only helping them move to a different place when they work with technology.  

I hope that will be observable to anyone who wants to watch.


In any way that I can - empower

Everyone that I can - empower

It is a heady emotion!!


No comments: