Wednesday, September 10, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 10

Share 5 random facts about yourself, 4 things from your bucket list, 3 things you hope for this year as an educator, 2 things that made you laugh or cry as an educator, 1 think you wish more people knew about you.

5 Random Facts
1.  I was born in Athabasca, Alberta, Canada and became a naturalized United States citizen when I was 16.
2.  Coconut is my favorite food 
3.  I married my high school sweetheart 31 years ago.
4.  In the first 7 years of our marriage we lived in 7 different houses.
5.  I have a dog named Penny, and yes I knock 3 times before I say her name.

4 Bucket List Items
1.  Visit all US National Parks
2.  Write a book
3.  Learn to play the piano
4.  Hike Pikes Peak for the second time

3 Things you hope as an educator
1.  Build relationships with teachers in the districts I serve.
2.  Build my skills as a presentor of professional development
3.  Become a Google Certified Teacher

2 Things that made you laugh or cry as a teacher
1.  Laugh - Puns and dumb jokes from my 4th graders- I loved their humor and dearly miss it!
2.  Cry - reading aloud Where the Red Fern Grows every year.  I cried when I read about the dogs every single year, even when I could practically recite parts of it!

1 thing I wish others knew
I am excited about almost everything, while that made me a great elementary teacher it can be a bit irritating to normal adults.

No comments: