Wednesday, June 24, 2009

RSS and flying the friendly skies


I read this chapter with much interest. I knew about RSS due to the blogs that I've been following. But I didn't really KNOW about RSS.

It sort of reminds me of flying in an airplane. I understand the physics of how a huge airplane can get off the ground - but I really DON'T understand the physics. It makes me more than a little crazy when I start to think of it as I'm taxiing down the runway.

RSS makes me feel a little the same way. There is some type of amazing magic that goes on behind the scenes and my blog post flies the friendly internet. And that's really all I need to know.

As I read the chapter I clicked and signed up for each of the RSS options. It was very helpful to have someone explain ways these cool gadgets could be put to use. I'm really impressed.

I really liked the Richardson's PageFlakes example. It is always helpful for me to see what I need to strive for. Then, I am willing to wait until my skills grow to that point. That's how I felt about PageFlakes. To see Richardson's page laid out helped me imagine how I will be able to personalize and create what I really need. At this point - I don't know what that is.

I need to spend time on the Google reader - really use it. Read the links and decide how to fit this into the routine of my life - then I'll be ready to tailor make it to fit my needs.

1 comment:

kts9600 said...

Ok, so what are we thinking is next? Have you compared iGoogle with PageFlakes? One a better option to share with others? Are they a more different than similar?

How do you share this information with teacher?

Great posting - thanks!