Friday, August 14, 2009

Another step forward...

I had decided not to make many changes in the libraries this fall.
I wanted to see how things worked and then make decisions.

But...

I really wanted to do a little rearranging. Just a little.

What I didn't know is that rearranging shelves in a library is not an easy task. You can't just give them a shove and expect them to end up where you want them to go. It's a major undertaking.

But...

I really wanted to see the change.

So, I talked to the janitor about moving a section of shelves.
I started weeding the section that needed to be emptied.
I emptied the rest of the books off that section.
And in the afternoon when the janitors came in to move, we (the media secretary and I) were ready to help.

The shelves were moved with much shoving and lifting and rearranging of moving carts.

When they were rolled to their new home I knew I had to love them there...no matter what.

I held my breath

and

I did.

Now - I hope I am not the only one that loves them there. :)

No comments: